I hope that you are enjoying my posts from Linda’s Just Jot it January as much as I am enjoying writing them.
Here is today’s prompt word.
Your prompt for January 12th, 2018, brought to you by Fandango, is “Aggravation.” Use it any way you’d like in your post. And make sure you visit Fandango at his blog, “This, That, and the Other” to read his post and say hi! Here’s Fandango’s blog: https://fivedotoh.wordpress.com/
Some things that aggravate me:
- Lateness. Either if something happens and I end up being late, or meeting someone who is late turning up!
- Bad manners. That annoys me so much as it is so unnecessary. It doesn’t take much effort to say ‘please’ and ‘thank you.’
- Entitlement. I get rather cross when people feel that the world owes them a living and they expect everything to fall into their lap without putting any effort in!
- Liars. I understand the necessary little white lies on occasion, but some people lie about the most stupid things. I have to say that I lose a bit of respect for someone if they tell a lot of lies.
- Unpleasantness. We don’t know what goes on in other people’s lives. A smile or a quick chat can go a long way to making a person who may rarely see anyone feel valued. Being grumpy or rude can make that same person feel worthless.
This list could go on and on, but I don’t want it to sound like I am moaning about everything and just being a grumpy old sod.
Oh, one more thing on the subject of things that aggravate me. I don’t like it when my daughter shortens it to ‘agged’ or ‘aggy’ which seems to be all the rage at the moment!
Nor do I like the fact that I seem to be turning into my mother by the sound of the above!
You must be logged in to post a comment.