I have been nominated by the lovely Ritu of But I Smile Anyway to take part in The Christmas Tag. I have been getting into the Christmas spirit lately so am thrilled to have a go. Thanks Ritu! 🙂
- Thank the person that nominated you with a link to their blog
- Add the picture in your blog
- Copy these rules into your post
- Add a link to this original post (littlediyprojects.wordpress.com/thechristmastag)
- Answer the 10 questions (you can add e:-)xtra Christmas-related questions if you want)
- Tag at least 3 other bloggers with links to their blogs
- Have fun!
1. What’s your favourite thing about Christmas?
2. What’s your favourite Christmas memory?
3. Are there special traditions your family has for Christmas?
4. What’s your Christmas wish? (Can be personal or general)
5. What’s your favourite Christmas dish?
6. What’s your favourite Christmas decoration?
7. What’s your favourite Christmas song?
8. Where do you usually celebrate Christmas?
9. What does the ‘Christmas Spirit’ mean to you?
10. Who out of anybody in the world would you want to spend your Christmas with?
- I love the Christmas music, not just the old classics that get trotted out every year like Slade and Wizzard (although they always make me smile), but I love a Christmas carol too, and despite not being overly religious I love the Christingle service that the church does for little children, it is beautiful.
- My favourite Christmas memory is being with the family playing charades, laughing at the rude ones and also at my Mum always shouting out the answers to the wrong team!
- We did have special traditions when we were kids. As well as opening our main Christmas presents in the morning, we would all buy each other little presents, often joke or useful ones that we would call ‘tree presents’ which we would dish out when we all got together Christmas teatime. There was always a lot of hilarity as we squashed into the front room opening things like posing pouches, a ‘jewel’ encrusted dustpan and brush, and of course the inevitable pair of underpants that my Mum had wrapped up for one of the boys that went to me or my sisters or knickers that went to one of my brothers!
- My Christmas wish for everyone is, of course, peace and tolerance for one another.
- My favourite Christmas dish is, pigs in blankets, and turkey, oh and gammon, or perhaps the cold meat, mash and pickles we have on Boxing day!
- I have a few baubles that my daughter made at nursery that go on the tree every year, and I love sparkly lights too, in fact, our hallway with its ice blue lights look very pretty. I will post a pic at the end.
- Well, my favourite Christmas carol is ‘Away in a Manger’ especially when sung by children, and my favourite song is Boney M’s ‘ Mary’s Boy Child (Oh, My Lord).
- This year we will be spending it at home, although in the past it has been with my sisters or mum.
- The ‘Christmas spirit’ to me means showing warmth and compassion to people, and being aware that not everyone enjoys this time of year for one reason or another.
- I am happy spending Christmas with family.
Here are my nominees, that I would love to join in, however, I appreciate that you are all busy and might not have chance to participate, so no pressure!