You may have seen my post yesterday singing the praises of summer, if not you can read it here. Now, just to balance things out a little, this post is about the annoying little things that are not so great about the summer.
- Flies and wasps! These little sods get everywhere and anywhere buzzing about, dropping into drinks and dive bombing food if you are not careful.
- Curdled milk. What is it with people (especially at work of all places), leaving milk out of the fridge so that it goes like cottage cheese after a little while and smells
- Neighbours who think they are bloody Bruno Mars! Honestly with the windows and doors open and the close proximity of all the houses where I live, every sound can be heard, so when Mr Mars next door starts wailing at the top of his out of tune voice, it is not a pleasant experience. I would love it if he could sing as it is far better than his shouting his head off that we normally get!
- White clothes. Now I love all my white outfits despite the fact that white is not always the best colour for the more voluptuous woman to wear. However, being as clumsy as I am, they are normally filthy within a couple of hours where I have sat on something or knocked something over myself!
- Sleepless nights. Yes, I get enough of those as it is, without the stifling hot air that hangs heavy in my bedroom, despite all windows being open. Having the fan on does not always help as it makes such a bloody racket which is very distracting!
- Bad hair days. My hair has a mind of its own and does not want to conform to any sort of style, but in the summer I have one look only; the sweaty, plastered to the head kind of arrangement!
- Sand everywhere. I have always been a bit fussy about this, even as a child. I hated being covered in clumps of sand after getting out of the sea, where it had stuck to me. I never wanted to eat the picnics Mum got out of the cool box as inevitably sand would have got into the sandwiches! That CRUNCH as I bit into it made me feel sick and even spoilt my appetite, which, I can tell you, takes some doing!
What do you find annoying about the summer?