Today for the next instalment of the Great Book of Lists the Duchesse has asked us to think about our favourite onscreen kisses. Oh dear, this is going to get ugly! I am rubbish at watching films all the way through at the best of times, as I usually fall asleep half way through!
Here are the ones that I can remember, though!
- Jack and Rose in Titanic. Oh, how I hated Rose’s pompous ass of a fiance and was glad when she decided that it would be much more fun to hang around with Jack. The love scene with these two was very tender and passionate. Of course, I cried at the end of the film. I am a sucker for a sad story.
- Rhett and Scarlett in Gone with the Wind. This kiss was a long time coming! Scarlett was a bit of a minx and she got her comeuppance in the end!
- Molly and Sam in Ghost. I have mentioned this film before, but the scene where Sam comes back has become almost iconic with ‘Unchained Melody’ playing as the action heats up!
- Danny and Sandy in Grease. Yes, I just had to mention it as it is one of my favourite feel-good films, so there!
- Dan and Alex in Fatal Attraction. Who can forget that rather manic love scene?! Dan got rather more than he bargained for when he messed with her!
I think I have done rather well actually considering my appalling film-watching track record!