This week’s list is all about people. We can choose whoever we like, living or dead, famous or not. The Duchesse would like us to list who we would most like to meet. This is going to be a tricky one, I think, but here are some people I would love to meet:
- Maya Angelou. Since I came across her book ‘I know why the caged bird song’ several years ago, I have been impressed by how she made something of herself despite the awful tragedies and setbacks encountered in her life, not to mention the discrimination she suffered! She was a wise woman and an inspiration.
- Elvis Presley. Now, being rather partial to a handsome man, I would love to meet him when he was at his prime. Not only would he be wonderful to look at, (I think he was one of the best-looking men ever), but he would be able to serenade us all with his beautiful voice too!
- Stephen Fry. I wish I had an iota of this man’s wit and intelligence. He would be the ideal guest, regaling us with his hilarious anecdotes, plus I am sure we would all learn something from him!
- Henry VIII. Not only is this a damn good excuse to have a Medieval nosh-up, but I would love to find out what makes him tick, as he was a man of many contradictions!
- Pam Ayres. I love her style of humorous poetry, so would definitely have to have her around so that I could pick her brains and get some fresh ideas!
- Queen Elizabeth I. Just like her father she was quite a feisty character, a strong woman who did things her way. What an interesting woman to chat to!
I think I would have to have several parties as I am sure there are plenty of others that I could invite!