I thought I would share another post from my broken blog, Edwina’s Episodes archives.
Sex is fraught with the potential for embarrassment, and a good sense of humour very often ‘comes in handy’ (if you’ll pardon the pun) to deal with some of the most common cringe-worthy moments that most of us have encountered at some stage in our sexual shenanigans!
- Things are heating up, the pace is getting faster, and more passionate, then…. PARPPPPP. Oh No, someone has let one off! You both freeze as the horror of the moment sinks in; hopefully, things will resume pretty quickly afterwards and the mood is not lost!
- Ready for a bit of bedroom action, everything is going well….kissing and touching, breathing is getting heavier, your body is responding to the sensuous caresses but something is not quite right. You have noticed that your partner has backed off just a little. You are getting to the point now where touching is not enough, and as you reach for him, you realise that he is not quite ‘ready’. This is a bit of a tricky situation. You could try other things to ‘perk things up’ but sometimes it is just ‘flogging a dead horse’, or you could sulk, turn your back and seethe! The other option, of course, is to just snuggle up together and reassure that it doesn’t matter.
- If you have quite sensitive skin on your face, this one could be a problem. After a long, long night of hot and heavy action, and hours of passionate kissing, you might wake up in the morning with what looks like friction burns on your chin! I have actually had this happen to me and have had to think up some pretty (lame) excuse at work the next day as to how I got ‘that awful burn’ on my chin.
- Waking up the next morning only to find there is a patch of blood on the sheets! Mother Nature had paid you an unexpected visit during the night. Mortifying!
- Feeling sick just when things are getting going. This is really awkward as you cannot enjoy what is happening if there is a possibility of puking all over your partner! They won’t appreciate it either.
- You have got a bit of unexpected child-free time that you decide to take advantage of during the day. You have a bit of ‘afternoon delight’ with your partner, and as you are lying together in the afterglow, you can hear sounds of kids playing outside. You realise that all the bedroom windows are open and that half the street probably heard what you have been up to. Cringe!
- Whilst showing off your agility and flexibility getting into all sorts of interesting positions, you are attacked by CRAMP. It’s no good, you twist this way and that way trying to alleviate it, then end up leaping up and hopping about yowling in pain as it won’t go away! Passion is killed!
Lol! I remember reading this the first time round!
I thought it was due for another airing, Sis 🙂
Oh! The cramp Sis, the cramp 💜💜
😀 😀 😀 It’s been a century or two but the cramp made me giggle. First time reading this. You’re hilarious.
I am glad you enjoyed the post Tess. That cramp is a real passion killer!! 🤣🤣
Entertaining read haha!!
I can never resist a bit of silliness! 🤣🤣
OMG, I remember this one very well. Thank you for sharing again, sis 😄
I am happy that you enjoyed it again, Sis 🙂
Oh, you bet, sis 😄
Hehe, Judy, this is so funny. I also can get a rash from scratchy faces.
HAHA! I am glad it is not just me, Robbie, there are a few of us with ‘sensitive skin’!
gotta love those open windows – lol
Those stubbles are awesome and scratchy at the same time – I feel for those burns.. 😀
Those burns are just soooo painful! 😱
Have you been following me around, again?
HAHA! We are like twins! 🙂
Cramps are like my nemesis!
Oh. They really spoil the fun don’t they? 😁
This is me!
Judy E Martin
Hello, and thanks for stopping by. I am Judy, in my (very) early fifties and decided that life definitely gets more interesting as it goes on! I am a wife and a mum and have just finished University as a Registered Nurse, after having worked as an Associate Practitioner in the NHS. I am also a poet and the author of my debut book, 'Rhymes of the Times.' I love to laugh, and I love rhyming words too, so I joined the two together, and my book was born. I am currently working on another book in the series also. I am a prolific blogger and enjoy writing funny stories, anecdotes, and anything really that takes my fancy.
View Full Profile →
Top Posts & Pages
Blogs I Follow
Thanks for visiting
Lates Blog Posts
Having fun blogging with friends
Lifestyle blog featuring the fabulous North East and beyond
Sharing my thoughts, poems, travel & art
Apps for any screen
Just your average PhD student using the internet to enhance their CV
Life in words
Exploring writing and the creative randomness of life. Snapshots of moments.
...with a twist.
by Sam Allen
The jumbled musings of Tallis Steelyard
Diary of a Dublin Housewife
Intuitive Watercolor Paintings- FINE ART - Illustration
Rants, humor, sarcasm, and a haiku-like substance? It's hard to know what's going to come out of our minds next.
Promoting a Healthy Mind, Body and Spirit
Photography, Birds and Travel
An onion has many layers. So have I!
Rants, Ramblings, and Regrets
A family from Michigan living abroad in Germany.